Zee Cinema partners with Ethnic Channels Group in CanadaAugust 08, 2012 | Website www.mxmindia.com
By A Correspondent
Zee America shas entered into a long-term distribution agreement with Ethnic Channels Group for Zee Cinema in Canada. The deal provides Ethnic Channels Group the rights to distribute the service on Cable and Satellite platforms.
Suresh Bala, CEO, Zee Americas said: "This is exciting for us, in that for the first time we are able to focus our marketing and unlock the strength of the Zee Cinema brand in Canada. Ethnic Channels Group is an expert at marketing to ethnic audiences and we expect to grow our distribution and our subscription base significantly. Currently Zee Cinema is only available as a linear service, but we expect to work out the details of mobile distribution in the not so distant future."
Zee Cinema is Zee's Bollywood entertainment channel. Its library features over 5,000 hours of movies.
"We are delighted to partner with the Zee TV Group for the launch of Zee Cinema in Canada. Bollywood is a global, phenomenon and Zee Cinema is its biggest custodian," said Slava Levin, Co-Founder and CEO of Ethnic Channels Group.
Hari Srinivas, President Ethnic Channels Group added: "Ethnic Channels Group believes in the brand equity of its content partners, and it will be our primary objective to increase this for ZEE Cinema in Canada."
- Why The CRTC Should Reject FairPlay's Dangerous Website-Blocking Plan
- Coalition Asks CRTC To Block Websites With Pirated Content In Bid To Fight Illegal Streaming
- New Creative Coalition Urges CRTC Action Against Online Theft
- New Coalition, FairPlay Canada, Urges CRTC To Take Action Against Online Theft
- Canada Could Soon Block All Websites That Allow Illegal Streaming Of Pirated Movies And TV Shows