Zee Cinema partners with Ethnic Channels Group in CanadaAugust 08, 2012 | Website www.mxmindia.com
By A Correspondent
Zee America shas entered into a long-term distribution agreement with Ethnic Channels Group for Zee Cinema in Canada. The deal provides Ethnic Channels Group the rights to distribute the service on Cable and Satellite platforms.
Suresh Bala, CEO, Zee Americas said: "This is exciting for us, in that for the first time we are able to focus our marketing and unlock the strength of the Zee Cinema brand in Canada. Ethnic Channels Group is an expert at marketing to ethnic audiences and we expect to grow our distribution and our subscription base significantly. Currently Zee Cinema is only available as a linear service, but we expect to work out the details of mobile distribution in the not so distant future."
Zee Cinema is Zee's Bollywood entertainment channel. Its library features over 5,000 hours of movies.
"We are delighted to partner with the Zee TV Group for the launch of Zee Cinema in Canada. Bollywood is a global, phenomenon and Zee Cinema is its biggest custodian," said Slava Levin, Co-Founder and CEO of Ethnic Channels Group.
Hari Srinivas, President Ethnic Channels Group added: "Ethnic Channels Group believes in the brand equity of its content partners, and it will be our primary objective to increase this for ZEE Cinema in Canada."
- BeIN SPORTS Added To Shaw Cable Channel Line-Up
- Media, Entertainment And Technology Is Both Theme And Goal For NAB Show
- SPI Partners With Ethnic Channels For Canadian Distribution
- SPI International / FILMBOX Partners With Ethnic Channels Group To Distribute Channels In Canada
- Ethnic Channels Group: How Investing In The Risks Of Being A Small Broadcaster Is Paying Off With Global Growth